There is nothing better than looking your best with a perfect mirror shine on your favorite pair of shoes. After any good night out on the town, your shoes might take a beating and crack your perfectly applied mirror shine. So what do you do now? Well folks you have come to the right place. I am going to show you a fail proof way to take your mirror shine off while protecting your shoes. This is the safest and easiest way I know which involved now harsh chemicals.
First things first. You will need:
- Hair dryer
- Old Towel
- Shoe trees or Newspaper
- Stiff shoe brush. Boar Bristle would be best.
1. Take your shoes and tuck the shoe laces in so they don't get in the way. Then place a stiff shoe tree in each shoe. Don't got a shoe tree, don't worry just stuff your shoe with newspaper. This will help keep it nice and firm while you work on the top cap (top tip of the shoe).
2. Then, with your shoe brush, vigorously brush the shoe to knock all the old soil and dirt off. This is always smart to start with because it clears all the larger debris out of your way so you can get to work.
3. Working with one shoe at a time, slowly start warming up the old shoe polish with the hair dryer focusing on the toe. Make sure you have the hair dryer set to hot/high. This will start warming the waxes up and allowing them to move on top of the leather.
Be careful not to touch the hot hair dryer directly to the leather because you will burn and damage the leather.
Pro tip: Working in small areas of the shoe makes for quicker heating and speeds the process up.
4. Once the polish is warmed up and starts to look glossy, quickly take the towel and wipe off the polish. You should see an immediate difference and much less polish should be on the toe cap.
5. Repeat if needed
THATS IT! WIth this trick you will quickly and safely take old polish off of your shoes and prepare them for some new polish. Bonus, by warming the leather up you have also opened the pores of the leather allowing you to actually pull even more old stubborn polish out that might be trapped in the pores.
Check out some more upcoming posts to see how to start your shoe polishing journey from the beginning and stay tuned for a great post on how to apply the perfect mirror shine!
In our leather care section of our website you will find everything you need for continues cleaning and caring of your masterly crafted Loyalty Leather Goods.
CHEERS and don't forget to keep true to yourself and savor every moment of life.
No go have some you time and shine baby shine!
This post features our Loyalty Leather Crimson Cap Toe.